Going hiking almost always means going on a photo spree. You definitely do not want to miss capturing all the natural beauty you see during the climb. Doing so also allows you to share with others the amazing scenery that only you and other hikers get to see and you get to keep a little remembrance, apart from your memories, of course.
When you go on that climb, be it on low mountains or steep hills, there are certain things you need to keep in mind in order to get the best images that nature has to offer. Here are some tips that seasoned hikers want to share.
- Plan ahead. Make your schedule, set your goals and prepare your things. Have a backpack or hiking bag ready for the essentials, like food and water. Carry devices for your gear are also important so you can securely and comfortably carry them during the climb. A camera carrying system like the SpiderLight Backpacker Kit or Single camera system will allow you to have quick access to your camera any time you need to capture great images during the hike easily and conveniently.
- Pack right. It’s not just survival essentials you need to pack. You also have your camera and accessories to think about. Depending on the things you want to capture, you can either go with your DSLR or bring a compact camera. Sometimes you will need your 24-70mm f2.8 lens or your 10-20mm wide angle lens. It all boils down to purpose. Plus, be sure that you really need your tripod before bringing it along.
- Be prepared for the weight of the hike. You need to be fit in order to go on that long trek. Do not just prepare for the walking but also for all the carrying you might have to do. After all, it is not light carrying that is involved. Aside from the essentials, your camera and accessories can pack a lot of weight. Be sure you have a carrying system that will work best with your body. The Spider Light system is ergonomic and does not swing around and get in the way like most camera straps do, while the Tripod Carrier Kit allows you to keep your tripod snug and secure right on your hip.
- Wear the right clothes. Don’t worry about fashion. Instead, think about function and comfort. Check for weather updates and dress appropriately so you are better protected against the elements. However, the weather can be unpredictable, so do bring something that can cover you well. Do not forget about your gear either. The SpiderPro Rain Cover is easy to bring along and can protect your camera in case rain catches up with you. You never know when you’re going to need it.
- Double check everything before leaving. While you have planned ahead and prepared everything you need beforehand, it does not hurt to check everything again just before you leave for the hike. Make sure your cameras are working, extra batteries and memory cards are prepared and you have enough water for a long hike. The Spider Memory card organizer and Water bottle holder are best for these situations.
Hiking is fun and exhilarating and the amazing scenes you get to see even more so. Make the most of the hike and improve your experience with convenient camera accessories available at Spider Holster.
Spider Holster products give you security for your gear and comfort and convenience for yourself so you can take shot after shot of all the beauty right before your eyes.